recipe: blueberry and raspberry muffins

Hello! I've got another baking recipe for you today - small, yummy muffins packed full of berries and cheeky chocolate chips. I used a Paul Hollywood recipe from BBC Food's website for a basic muffin, making a few minor changes of my own (soz Paul).


INGREDIENTS

  • 4oz SR flour (recipe states plain, but I only had SR, and alas I am a poor student who has no time for luxury flour choices)
  • 4oz butter
  • 2oz sugar
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder (more if using plain flour)
  • sprinkle of cinnamon and a small capful of vanilla extract 
  • blueberries and raspberries
  • milk chocolate chips
  • pinch of rolled oats to decorate
METHOD
  1. Cream the butter and sugar
  2. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract
  3. Fold in the baking powder, cinnamon and flour
  4. Cover bowl in clingfilm and leave to rest in the fridge for a minimum of one hour
  5. Gently stir in the chocolate chips, and spoon into twelve cupcake cases
  6. Poke berries into the cases (I averaged two blueberries and one raspberry per muffin) and sprinkle oats on the top
  7. Bake for 20 mins at 200 degrees C.
  8. ENJOY.


Good enough to eat.
These little muffins pack a punch in the morning when you take a bite of golden sponge and sweet berries. DIVINE.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact me! You can reach me at emily.louisep@outlook.com or on Twitter with the handle @hellofromemily

About

A lifestyle and travel blog by a 22 year old living in Hong Kong.

Grab my Blog Button!

Hello From Emily