product review: LUSH Big Shampoo

So I have a new product review today - recently I've been switching up my shampoos in an effort to try and plump up my hair. In the winter months especially a lot of products weigh down my fine hair and make it look super flat and dull, and a lot of shampoos I used to get on well with (like the Garnier Ultimate Blends) can make my hair go greasy quickly. Yuck.

So I decided to splash out on a LUSH shampoo, feeling like my hair needed a really good scrub once a week. I've been trying this Big Shampoo once a week along with a Pantene shampoo/conditioner once every other day, and I'm really pleased with the results.





Due to my hair feeling weighed down and greasy quicker than it should have been, I was on the hunt for a good clarifying shampoo, preferably with more natural ingredients than parabens and foaming agents. Lush shampoos generally look pretty good, with a full list of ingredients on their site here, containing mostly natural oils and sea-themed ingredients like sea water, seaweed infusions and coarse sea salt.

I love how salt water affects the hair, giving it lots of volume and texture even if you do smell like a fish, and the idea of applying a scrub to my hair sounded pretty fun, but definitely something I do just once a week at £12 per 330g tub.

On the days that I use this shampoo, I take a small scoop of the product and take the time to massage it in until all the salt has dissolved. I then rinse it out thoroughly - it takes awhile, and my hair feels oddly waxy (due to the lack of foaming agents etc that make shampoos feel smoother, but can actually be damaging to your hair and skin) but once it's dried it feels AMAZING. So soft, smooth and with lots of bounce.


After a couple weeks of LUSH and Pantene, my hair looks lovely and shiny again once the light hits it. I do really like the Pantene as a general (and cheap) shampoo, but I definitely think that using LUSH as a weekly treatment has given my hair some extra oomph. Definitely recommend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact me! You can reach me at emily.louisep@outlook.com or on Twitter with the handle @hellofromemily

About

A lifestyle and travel blog by a 22 year old living in Hong Kong.

Grab my Blog Button!

Hello From Emily