recipe: Banana and Chia pancakes, packed with protein

Happy January!

I've really been keeping up my fitness and healthier eating since last summer, and after a badly-behaved Christmas, I'm back on track. I like to go to the gym at uni three times a week, plus one or two fitness classes a week, and I always try to eat a balanced diet. Recently I've also been experimenting with My Protein - I know I know, protein shake loser, but I checked out the ingredients in their Whey Protein and it actually didn't look too bad. Definitely eaten more chemicals in a sweet before, and my recovery has improved a lot since. Here's my new and improved banana pancake recipe, with a great new texture thanks to a scoop of extra protein. 


Ingredients (for 3-4 small pancakes/one large portion)

  • 1 banana (mash with a fork)
  • 1 medium egg
  • 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
  • 1 scoop of whey protein
  • sprinkle of chia seeds

I like to cook mine with coconut butter instead of oil. They come out perfect every time, and the ingredients are so simple! Perfect protein hit for after a workout, and even more delicious when decorated with berries and honey. I like blueberries as an extra anti-oxidant booster with the chai seeds. These fill me up for hours, so I like to have my morning at the gym, cook these, and go to the library to work on my deadlines without worrying about packing more food. Perfect!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact me! You can reach me at emily.louisep@outlook.com or on Twitter with the handle @hellofromemily

About

A lifestyle and travel blog by a 22 year old living in Hong Kong.

Grab my Blog Button!

Hello From Emily