travel diary: Seoul, South Korea (part 2)

The second half of my stay in Seoul in a photo diary.

Deoksugung Palace





Naksan Art Mural Village

This was maybe the highlight of my entire trip. I took the subway a little further out, to Hyehwa station, and walked until I found some signs for the mural village. I'd heard a lot about this place and the huge, beautiful murals that adorn the twisty little village which rises up on the steps of the small mountain.

Apparently this is a Korean drama filming hotspot, and there were floods of girls with selfie sticks who seemed to recognise a lot of the little buildings. Still, it was easy enough to find some peace and quiet higher up on the walk, where I managed to get amazing panorama views of the whole city.










Myeongdong Street

Okay, I loved this manic shopping street. I wanted to stock up on some cheap Korean skincare, and it was chaos in the streets. The street was lined with skincare shops, clothing stores and market stalls. The freebies were insane - I went in one shop to buy some face masks, and left with nearly double what I had paid for in free skincare gifts. My face is juiced up for life.

Some rain hit, so I just looked up and scanned the buildings until I could see a coffee shop, which wasn't hard to find. Coffeehouses are everywhere in Seoul, all with a unique twist in design. A great place to sit down after a long day of walking and wait out the rain.



Seoul is now one of my favourite places in Asia. I'd highly recommend visiting it - there is so much to do, and I would definitely go back - even though I left my hostel from 10am-7pm every day, I still hadn't seen everything that I wanted to. I probably won't need to go skincare shopping for awhile though.

Anyoung hee gaseyo!
Emily


All photos are taken on my Canon or iPhone. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact me! You can reach me at emily.louisep@outlook.com or on Twitter with the handle @hellofromemily

About

A lifestyle and travel blog by a 22 year old living in Hong Kong.

Grab my Blog Button!

Hello From Emily